The Division of Inorganic Chemistry recognizes the value of supporting the organization of symposia, conferences or meetings that benefit the advancement of inorganic chemistry. If you are organizing such an event and would like to be considered for funding, please submit an application to Andy Borovik (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email using the form linked below. If you are interested in organizing a symposium at a national ACS meeting, please follow the Symposia Submission link.
Deadlines: Applications received by February 16th will be reviewed at the Spring DIC Executive Committee meeting scheduled annually in late March. Applications received by July 31st will be reviewed at the Fall Executive DIC Committee meeting scheduled annually in late August.
Funding levels are $3000 for GRCs with a strong inorganic chemistry component, $1000 for accompanying GRSs, and $500 for other conferences and symposia.
Your proposal MUST be submitted using the downloadable DIC Meeting Funding Request form:
All applications must include the following information.
- Contact information
- Name of symposium or conference
- Date of the event
- Location of the event
- Other sponsors (specify if funds have been approved or not yet)
- Names of invited speakers
- Session topics
- Budget request ($)
- A statement explaining how the funds will be used
- A statement explaining how the funding will impact inorganic chemistry and address the stated goals of inclusiveness and diversity
Note: The DIC does not fund workshops.