Fall 2018 American Chemical Society Meeting
August 19-23, 2018
The Inorganic Division will host promising undergraduate students at the upcoming fall national ACS Meeting (Boston, MA). The division aims to provide students that may be considering applying to graduate programs in the area of inorganic chemistry the opportunity to explore the wide breadth of the Inorganic Chemistry field, identify possible schools/PIs of interest, and utilize the ACS meeting resources for undergraduate students. The workshop will include:
- An opening survey symposium introducing the students to the sessions held in the Inorganic Division, highlighting “must-see” talks and introducing the students to a broad range of inorganic chemistry research.
- A dinner with prominent members of the Division of Inorganic Chemistry including the current Division board and recent award winners.
- All students will present their research as part of the Inorganic Division poster session. Posters will be highlighted on the Division’s website, Facebook, and receive special marking at the session to enable easy navigation.
- The registration fee for the students will be covered by the Division.
We encourage all interested undergraduate, chemistry majors (or chemistry-related majors) to apply to the program. Preference will be given to students who have completed Inorganic Chemistry, are currently rising seniors considering applying to graduate programs, and are involved in undergraduate research in an inorganic field.
A complete application consists of:
- The one-page application form to be completed by the student nominee,
- A copy of the student’s undergraduate transcript (an unofficial copy is adequate), and
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member who knows well the nominee.
2018 Inorganic Chemistry Undergraduate Workshop Application
The complete application must be mailed to email@example.com. Applications are requested by March 26th, 2018. Nominees will be notified of the status of their applications in early April.